As an admin, you can change user password policies for the user accounts in your organization.
To change password policies for users within your organization, do the following:
- Sign in to the TDP as an admin.
- In the left navigation pane, select the hamburger menu icon. Then, choose Administration.
- Choose Organization Settings. The Organization Settings page opens.
- In the PASSWORD POLICIES section, chooseEdit. The Edit Password Policy dialog appears.
- (Optional) To enforce more rigorous password requirements, you can toggle the following password settings based on your organization's security policies :
- Enforce Additional Password Complexity: Set to require that passwords must satisfy more complex conditions where at least one upper and lower case letter, a number, and a special character are required. The password cannot start or end with a number.
- Enforce No Password Reuse: Set to prevent passwords from matching the current password or any of the previous five passwords from the user's password history.
- Enable Password Expiration: Set to have the password expire after a configured number of days, and have it be changed on the first user login attempt. You can set the number of days for how long the password will be valid.
- Enable Account Lock: Set to lock the user's account after a configured number of failed login attempts. You can set the number of allowed failed user log in attempts before the user account is locked.
- Enable Self-Service Password Reset: Set to enable users to reset their own passwords.
- Choose Save.
Updated about 1 month ago