This topic is part of the Empower Data Science Link (EDSL) Quick Start guide. For more information about the instructions presented on this page, see the For More Information section at the bottom of this page.
TetraScience Empower Agent is a high-performance, Microsoft Windows-based solution that extracts data from Waters Empower 3, converts it to JSON format, and uploads it to the Tetra Data Lake. The Agent extracts the raw data based on a single injection. The data related to the Injection is outputted together, including, Sample Set, Instrument Method, Processing Method, Channel, Result, Custom Fields, and Chromatography data (2D/3D). New Injection or Injection changes can be automatically detected. The Empower Agent regenerates a new version of the RAW file if the underlying injection is changed. Note that the Agent doesn't change any data in the Empower system. When the Agent is up and running, there has very little overhead to the Empower Server, and no performance impact to other users using Empower at the same time.
If you have the appropriate permissions, you can query the Empower Data from the Tetra Data Lake using the Elastic Search API and AWS Athena service provided by TetraScience. The data can be viewed/analyzed by downstream Analytics like TIBCO Spotfire, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik or Jupyter Notebook.
Installation is straightforward and involves downloading an agent installation file and following the prompts. The agent must be installed on the same machine as the empower client.
In this section, we’ll include the configuration options that you need to get started quickly. Links to our other documentation, which contains much more detail on the different configuration options, appears at the bottom of this page.
To install the Empower Agent, complete the following steps.
- Download the TetraScience Empower Agent installation package.
- Unzip the installation files to a local folder that is on the same machine as the Empower Client. The agent must be on the same machine to work properly.
- Run the TetraScience.Agent.Empower.vx.x.x.msi to start the installation entering information or clicking Next when prompted.
- After the Agent is successfully installed, you will see the TetraScience Empower Agent in the window's menu.
- Validate that the TetraScience Empower Agent was installed on the local drive by looking for the following:
- TetraScience Empower Agent is installed under "C:\TetraScience" by default.
- Under TetraScience folder, check for the following folder: *TetraScience.Agent.empower.vx.x.x.msi
- Verify that there are three subfolders under *TetraScience.Agent.empower.vx.x.x.msi:
To configure the installation, complete the following steps.
- Select the Tetra Empower Agent icon to open the Agent.
- Enter the Waters Empower Database Name.
- Enter the User Name and Password for the Waters Empower Database Account used to access the database, then click the Test Connection button.
- A pop-up window shows whether the Empower account can successfully access the Empower System. If it doesn't, check your credentials, correct any errors, and try again.
- Enter the Empower Group User Name and the Empower Group User Password. After the cursor is moved, the Agent immediately shows whether it is a valid account.
- Enter the Agent ID and the full URL of the UDI. (The Agent ID was generated in Step 1 of this Quick Start guide.)
- If you have a UDI connection, also provide the JWT Token. (The JWT Token was generated in Step 1 of this Quick Start guide.) You will be able to see the connection status (invalid or valid) immediately after the information is entered.
To access the Waters Empower Database projects, complete the following steps.
- Navigate to the Project tab in TetraScience Empower Agent Management Console.
- Click the Refresh button to fetch the latest list of the projects from Empower.
- Select a project for this quick start. We recommend that you use a project that only has a few files (150 or less) for this Quick Start Guide.
- Click the Save button to save the selection.
For more information on how to install and configure the Empower Agent, see these documents.
Updated 10 months ago