As an Admin, you can:
- Add new users and existing users to an organization
- Create, edit, disable, and activate user accounts for people in an organization
- Reset passwords for user accounts
- Enable user membership to multiple organizations
For more details about the Tetra Data Platform (TDP) roles and their permissions, click here.
To manage people in an organization:
- On the left side of the page, click Account from the expanded menu.
- Click Organization Details to open the Organization details page:
Manage Service Users
To learn how to manage service users, click here.
To add (create) a new user:
- From the Organization details page, select: Add User -> Add a New User.
- In the Add a New User to Organization page, add the first name, last name, email, password, and assign an organization role to the user. When creating a password for the new user, you must satisfy the password requirements.
- Click Add to add the newly created user to the bottom of the Users table.
As an Admin, you can enable users to be members of multiple organizations with different permissions. You can customize access to the TDP for sensitive projects and teams specific to your company. When a user first logs in to TDP, the user defaults to the organization with the highest level of access. If multiple organizations exist with the same level of access, then their access defaults to one of the listed organizations based on alphabetical order.
To add an existing user to an organization:
- From the Organization details page, select: Add User -> Add an Existing User.
- In the Add an Existing User to Organization page, enter the user's email and assign a role to the user in the organization.
- Click Add to add the existing user to the additional organization.
To edit user's role:
- From the Organization details page, locate the user you want to edit.
- At the right side of the page (next to the user entry), click the More drop-down menu and select Edit.
- From the Edit User dialog, select the organization role to assign to the user, and then click Update.
You can disable a user's account to a particular organization. If the same user has access to multiple organizations, then their access to those other organizations are not disabled.
To disable a user's account:
- From the Organizational details page, locate the user you want to disable.
- At the right side of the page (next to the user entry), click the More drop-down menu and select Disable.
- A warning message displays asking you to confirm the disable action. Click Disable to disable the user's account. The user's account is disabled and the user status changes from Active (green) to Disabled (red).
To activate a disabled user account:
- From the Organizational details page, locate the user you want to activate.
- At the right side of the page (next to the user entry), click the More drop-down menu and select Activate . The disabled user account is activated and the user status changes from Disabled (red) to Active (green).
As Admin, you can reset assigned passwords for the user accounts in your organization.
Updated 2 months ago