This topic explains how Tetra Data Platform (TDP) Administrators can:
- Access the Service Users Screen
- Manage Service Users
- Generate a JSON Web Token (JWT) for a Service User Account
To access the Service Users screen:
- Click the profile icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Account.
- On the left side of the screen, select Service Users.
This table describes the fields in the Service Users screen:
|Search field||Enter a name to find service users.|
|Add Service User||Click to add a service user.|
|Filter Tokens||Filters the list of users to show only active, disabled, or expired user accounts. Select All (default) to show all user accounts.|
|User||Lists the user name and the user role (Administrator, Member, or Read Only). Click Edit User to change the user role, generate a token, or disable a user account.|
|Token||Displays the token generated for the service user. You can copy the token to your clipboard.|
|Created||Indicates when the token was created.|
|Status||Indicates whether the token is active or disabled.|
|Expiry||Indicates the expiration date for the token (if any).|
You can add, edit, disable, or activate a service user.
To add a service user:
- Click Add User in the Service Users page.
- In the Add a new service user page, add the service user's name and assign an account role.
- Click Add to add the new service user.
To edit a service user's role:
- From the Service Users page, click Edit User next to the entry, and then select Edit.
- From the Edit User pane, select the account role to assign to the user.
- Click Update to change the user's role.
To disable a user's account for a service user:
- From the Service Users page, click Edit User next to the entry, and then select Disable .
- A warning message displays asking you to confirm the disable action. Click Disable to disable the user's account.
To activate a user account that has been disabled:
- From the Service Users page, select Activate from the menu options at the right side of the user entry.
- The user account is activated.
You can generate a JWT Token for a service account regardless of role.
To generate the JWT Token:
- From the Service Users page, click Edit User next to the service user's account entry, and then select Generate token.
- From the Create New Token page, enter the number of days the token should be valid (1 to 720 days), or de-select the Expirable box to generate a token without an expiration date.
Token With No Expiration Date
If you create a JWT Token without an expiration date, then the token will remain valid until you disable the Service User.
- Select Generate token. The generated token displays in the next screen.
- Click Copy Token to copy the token to your clipboard and paste to where you want. You can also select to download the token in a TetraScience Software Development Kit (SDK) configuration file.
- Click Close.
Updated 2 months ago