A self-service pipeline is a custom pipeline that you build yourself using the TetraScience Software Development Kit (TS SDK).
Available Custom Scripts
Custom scripts (such as the ones you would create with self-service pipelines), are only available in select single-tenant instances of the Tetra Data Platform (TDP). Contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) if you are interested in this feature.
In the multi-tenant instance of TDP, the self-service feature is only available to the "tetrascience" and "tetrascience-xyz" organizations.
Supported Program Language for Self-Service Pipelines
Currently, Python is the only supported program language that you can use to write a self-service pipeline. Additionally, it must be backwards-compatible with Python 3.7.
Self-Service Pipeline Prerequisites
- Review the Pipeline Overview to learn more before starting.
To build a self-service pipeline:
- Set Up Your Environment and initialize the Tetrascience Software Development Kit - This includes installing Python, setting your environment variables, and setting up your development environment. It also involves initializing the TS SDK, which will create a working sample in your development environment and specifying the packages needed for the scripts to run.
- Create and Test Protocols and Task Scripts - This involves creating and testing the protocols and task scripts. Artifacts and namespaces are also addressed.
- Deploy Artifacts to TDP - This includes deploying artifacts to the Tetra Data Platform (TDP) and viewing them there.
We've also added a few references to provide more details for you:
- An example of a multi-step protocol appears in Multi-Step Self-Service Pipeline Example.
- The Context API topic provides details about the context object, which can be used in your scripts.
- There is an additional discussion about Slugs and Self-Service Pipeline Protocols as well.
- If you plan to use TS raw-to-ids task script as part of your protocol, you can check out TS Raw-to-IDS Task Scripts to see the input and output of the task scripts.
Updated 2 months ago