Release date: 17 July 2023
TetraScience is committed to creating quality software. Software is developed and tested by using the ISO 9001-certified TetraScience Quality Management system. This system ensures the quality and reliability of TetraScience software while maintaining data confidentiality and integrity.
TetraScience has released its next version of the Tetra Data Platform (TDP), version 3.5.2. This release focuses on bug fixes and implementing various security improvements.
New functionality includes features not previously available in the TDP. These features may or may not affect "intended use" for GxP validation purposes.
- There is no new functionality in this release.
Enhancements are modifications to existing functionality that improve performance or usability, but do not alter the function or intended use of the system.
- There are no new enhancements in this release.
The following bugs are now fixed:
- A diagnostic Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS) topic now has server-side encryption (SSE) activated that hadn’t had SSE activated before. (Issue #2606)
- Custom memory settings for pipelines that are configured through the TDP user interface now behave as expected. Each pipeline retry uses double the memory of the previous attempt to run the pipeline, up to 120 GB.
- The pipeline scheduler now consistently verifies registration with AWS, which resolves intermittent infrastructure issues. (Issue #2600)
- The customer-hosted TDP deployment procedure has been improved to resolve intermittent issues with custom configurations for network access control lists (ACLs).
The following features have been deprecated for this release or are now on a deprecation path:
- There are no new deprecated features in this release.
For more information about TDP deprecations, see Tetra Product Deprecation Notices.
The following are known and possible issues for the TDP version 3.5.2 release:
- When editing a user-defined Agent, customers can create a Source Type value that includes unsupported, uppercase letters. The Source Type value doesn’t allow uppercase letters normally.
- If customers modify an existing collection of search queries by adding a new filter condition from one of the Option modals (Basic, Attributes, Data (IDS) Filters, or RAW EQL), but they don't select the Apply button, the previous, existing query is deleted. To modify the filters for an existing collection, customers must select the Apply button in the Options modal before you update the collection. For more information, see How to Save Collections and Shortcuts.
- Processing a single file can sometimes run a pipeline more than once. When this happens, one file can run duplicate TDP workflows or send duplicate events to downstream systems. The behavior occurs because Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS) standard queues provide at-least-once message delivery, but don’t stop messages from being processed multiple times.
- On the Pipeline Manager page, pipeline trigger conditions that customers set with a text option must match all of the characters that are entered in the text field. This includes trailing spaces, if there are any.
- File edit and update operations are not supported on metadata and label names (keys) that include special characters. Metadata, tag, and label values can include special characters, but it’s recommended that customers use the approved special characters only. For more information, see Attributes.
- The File Details page sometimes displays an Unknown status for workflows that are either in a Pending or Running status. Output files that are generated by intermediate files within a task script sometimes show an Unknown status, too.
- When installing a Tetra Hub v2 on a host server that already has an AWS Systems Manager registration key, the Amazon ECS container agent startup fails. An AccessDenied error is then logged in the agent’s Amazon CloudWatch Logs. A fix for this issue is currently in development and testing for a future TDP release. As a workaround, customers can move the existing SSM registration key to a backup location prior to Hub installation, so that the installer won’t detect it. To move an existing SSM registration key to a backup location, run the following command in the host server’s terminal:
mv /var/lib/amazon/ssm/Vault/Store/RegistrationKey /var/lib/amazon/ssm/Vault/Store/RegistrationKey-backup-$(date +%s)
- The Tetra Hub v2 installation script doesn’t detect an existing Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) instance role on a host server if there is one. If there is an existing AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) role, the Hub’s Amazon ECS service will attempt to use it. The Hub’s Amazon ECS instance registration process fails when this happens. A fix for this issue is currently in development and testing for a future TDP v3.6.x patch release. As a workaround, customers can detach the Amazon EC2 IAM role from the Amazon EC2 instance, and then rerun the Hub installation script. For more information, see Detach an IAM role in the AWS documentation.
TetraScience continually monitors and tests the TDP codebase to identify potential security issues. Various security updates were applied to the following areas:
- Operating systems
- Third-party libraries
During the upgrade, there might be a brief downtime when users won't be able to access the TDP user interface and APIs. After the upgrade is complete, customers should check their pipelines for failures or cancellations and reprocess those pipelines if any are found. Customers should also do a smoke test of their configuration settings to make sure that there are no failures.
After the upgrade, the TetraScience team verifies that the platform infrastructure is working as expected through a combination of manual and automated tests. If any failures are detected, the issues are immediately addressed or the release is rolled back.
For more information about the release schedule, including the GxP release schedule and timelines, see the Product Release Schedule.
For more details about the timing of the upgrade, customers should contact their customer success manager.
To view other TDP release notes, see Tetra Data Platform (TDP) Release Notes.
Updated about 1 month ago