The Tetra Data Platform (TDP) has a secure, computer-generated, time-stamped audit trail to independently record the date and time of operator entries and actions that create, modify, or logically delete electronic records. As an Admin user, you can access the audit trail, filter and view audit trail records, and download them to a CSV for further analysis or record keeping. The audit trail was designed and validated for compliance with 21 CFR Part 11. Audit trail records can be accessed but they cannot be altered, and are retained indefinitely.
To access the page as an Admin user, do the following:
- In the Tetra Data Platform, click the Hamburger icon at the top left corner of the page to expand the TDP menu options (or hover over the list of icons to display the menu options):
- From the Tetra Data Platform, click Administration from the left side of the page.
- Click Audit Trail to open the Audit Trail page. The audit log records display listing the most recent records at the top of the page.
Possible Time Lag
There may be a possible time lag of up to five minutes for actions to display in the Audit Trail page.
To view and filter audit trail records, you can select various options at the top of the page. To view all of the audit trail records, leave all filter fields blank.
|User Name||The name of the user who initiated the action. The name may be a service user's name or an individual user's name.|
For example, to see all of the authorization tokens that a specific user created, select User Name from the Filter dropdown, then enter the specific user name in the field.
|Date||Select the date range from the options.|
If you select custom, you can select the start (From) and end (To) date range from the calendar to view audit logs that were generated on or between those specific dates. Note that the 'To' Date is exclusive; for example, if you select From 2023-08-16 - 2023-08-17, then only data from August 16, 2023 displays.
|Entity Type||Select the component to review. For example, you could select Pipeline to view the logs related to pipelines.|
To view a list of the available entities and their corresponding actions, see the Entities and Logged Actions table.
|Action||Select the action that was performed on the entity. This field displays different information based on the selected entity. For example, if you select Pipeline as the entity, you could select to view all pipelines that were: created, updated, deleted, reprocessed, or submitted files for process.|
To view the available entities and their corresponding actions, see the Entities and Logged Actions table.
|Agent||Create, Update, Enable, Disable, Enable Queue, Disable Queue, Change Cloud Configuration, Change Local Configuration, Start Agent, Stop Agent, Add New, Add New Empower Project, Rerun Existing Empower Project, Select Existing Empower Project.|
|DataHub||Activate, Create, Update, Enable, Disable, Delete, Sync, Update Config|
|DataHub Agent||Create, Update, Delete, Enable, Disable|
|DataHub Connector||Create, Update, Enable, Disable, Delete|
|File||Upload, Update Labels, Update Tags, Update Metadata, Update Metadata & Tags, Delete|
|Hubs||Create, Update, Configure, Change Status, Sync|
|Integration||Create, Update, Delete|
|Source||Create, Update, Delete, Enable, Disable, Enable Queue, Disable Queue|
|IoT Device||Create, Update, Delete, Enable, Disable|
|IoT Agent||Create, Update, Delete, Enable, Disable|
|IoT Integration||Create, Update, Delete|
|IoT Source||Create, Update, Delete|
|Organization||Create, Update, Delete|
|Pipeline||Create, Update, Delete, Reprocess, Submit files for process|
|Pluggable Connector||Create, Update, Configure, Change Status, Sync|
|Shared Secret||Create, Update, Delete,|
|Shared Setting||Create, Update, Delete|
After you select filters to view the audit trail records, information matching those filters displays on the page. To review the next page of results, click the page number or arrow keys at the bottom right corner of the page.
|Entity||Name of the entity that the action was performed on. The entity contains:|
- Summary of the entity, such as the specific pipeline's name or the specific label's title.
- ID number of the specific entity.
- Click View Object to view the specific entity details in the TDP.
|Entity Type||Lists the entity type (see the Entities and Logged Actions table for a list.)|
|Action||Displays the action performed on the Entity. To view the available entities and their corresponding actions, see the Entities and Logged Actions table.|
The action contains:
- The type of action.
- Click View Change to review the code change.
|User||User who initiated the action. The user may be a service user's name or an individual user's name.|
The user contains:
- Name of the user
- Type of user
- IP address
|Date||Date and time of the audit log entry.|
|Change Reason||If Change Reason for Audit Trail was enabled as a compliance setting, the change reason displays in the last column.|
To export your audit trail history to a CSV file:
- You can click one or more checkboxes from the Audit Trail page for the audit logs you want to export. To select and export all retrieved records, click the checkbox next to the ENTITY column label. The Export All Data to CSV button label changes to indicate the number of records selected. For example, if you chose 3 records, the button label will read "Export 3 Selections to CSV."
- After you have selected one or more checkboxes, the Export xxx Selections to CSV button displays. Click the button to start the download process for the selected entities.
- The CSV file is downloaded and ready to use. The CSV file provides additional information not shown in the audit trail results list:
- id - Unique identifier of the specific entities in the log files.
- org_slug - Organizational slug of the actor
- actor_id - Unique identifier for the actors
- actor_type - Indicates the type of actor
- actor_name - Name of the actor
- actor_email - Email address of the actor
- ip_address - Actor's IP address
- host - Name of the host
- auth_token_ending - Last seven characters of the authorization token
- entity_name - Name of entity
- entity_type - Type of entity
- entity_id - ID for the entity
- action - Action performed on the entity
- before - Entity details before the action was taken. Typically, for create or login-attempt actions, this field remains empty. For update or delete actions, the field shows the state of the entity before the action occurred.
- after - Entity details after the action was taken. For delete actions, this field typically is empty.
- entity-schema-version - Schema version for the entity (if the entity has one)
- created_at - Date/timestamp for the log entry
There is no purge policy for entries in the Audit Trail.
Disabling the Audit Trail
You should disable the audit trail for development environments only. If you disable the audit trail for production environments, you will not be able to be demonstrate compliance with GxP quality guidelines and regulations.
AWS and Auditing Information
To view the audit trail data for historical audit trail data prior to upgrade to version 3.0 (March 31, 2021) of the TDP, do the following:
- Click the Historical Audit Data link in the upper right corner of the Audit Trail page. The Historical Audit Data page displays.
- You can adjust these filters to view the logs by doing the following:
- From date/time - Display log entries starting with this date and time.
- To date/time - Display log entries through this date and time.
- Apply Date/Time Filters - Click to apply the date/time filters.
- Entity - Select the entity to view.
- To adjust the number of logs shown per page, you can select a number in the Logs per Page dropdown at the bottom of the page. You can also select to view a range of logs from 20 to all log entries.
- To export your results as a CSV file, click Export as CSV near the top right corner of the page. You can specify these fields to export by doing the following:
- From date - Enter from the date, or click the calendar to select the date
- From time - Enter from the time, or click the clock to select the time.
- To date - Enter from the date, or click the calendar to select the date
- To time - Enter from the time, or click the clock to select the time.
- Entity - Select all or a specific entity to export.
- Click Export.
- To return to the current Audit Trail page, click the Current Audit Data link at the top left of the page.
Updated 4 days ago