Release date: 24 October 2023
TetraScience has released its next version of the TetraScience Software Development Kit (SDK), version 2.0. This release makes it more secure and efficient to create self-service pipelines (SSPs). SDK 2.0 also replaces the legacy SDK. Customers should plan on working with their account team to rebuild and release their existing task scripts and protocols to use the new SDK 2.0 before the legacy one is deprecated.
Existing SSPs and task scripts built with the legacy SDK will continue to work during the deprecation period. The current estimated earliest deprecation date is Q4 of 2024.
New Functionality includes features not available in previous TetraScience SDK versions. These features may or may not affect “intended use” for GxP validation purposes.
- A new
protocol.ymlprotocol definition file format replaces both the previous
script.jsfile formats when creating SSPs. The new file structure consolidates the functionality of the previous file types into a unified, easier-to-use format.
Enhancements are modifications to existing functionality that improve performance or usability, but don't alter the function or intended use of the system.
- A new task script execution architecture provides more security when creating and using SSPs.
- A new
context.get_file_pointerfunction helps users performantly retrieve older versions of files by
fileId. This feature is now available on Tetra Data Platform (TDP) versions 3.5.x and higher only.
- A new
context.get_file_permalinkfunction helps users return a permalink that directs them to a specific file’s File Details page on the TDP. This feature is available on TDP versions 3.6.x and higher only.
- A new API utility was added to safely surface the TDP API endpoint to task scripts. This feature is available on TDP versions 3.5.x and higher only.
- The context.write_file function was updated to be able to turn off gzip compression when the
gzip_compress_levelparameter is set to
- Python compatibility and image selection was enhanced to support Python versions up to 3.11.
The following bugs are now fixed:
context.write_filefunction was updated to better handle being passed empty
- The context.add_labels function's error handling was enhanced for when it is passed a list.
- Pipeline names that have more than 256 characters are now handled more consistently when they pass through the system.
- Task script logging in TDP v3.5.x was enhanced through improvements to the custom print function.
The following features have been deprecated for this release or are now on a deprecation path:
- The context.run_command() function is on a deprecation path to be replaced with the
context.run_cmdfunction. This change removes the need to supply an
org_slugvalue in the function.
For more information about TetraScience product deprecations, see Tetra Product Deprecation Notices.
There are no new known and possible issues in this release.
Security updates were applied to the following areas:
- A new task script security architecture was introduced.
This version is compatible as a direct upgrade from TetraScience SDK 1.x versions.
For Tetra-Hosted (Multi-Tenant) TDP Environments
No action is needed for Tetra-hosted TDP environments.
For Customer-Hosted (Single-Tenant) TDP Environments
Existing task scripts must be updated to run on the new SDK version. For instructions, contact your customer success manager (CSM).
For TDP v3.5.3 Environments and Earlier
To resolve a forward-incompatible breaking change associated with the TetraScience SDK 2.0 release, a new AWS Systems Manager (SSM) parameter must be added to customers' TDP environments. TetraScience will make the required updates before the release. No action is required at this time. For more information, contact your CSM.
To view other Tetra Data Platform release notes, see Tetra Data Platform (TDP) Release Notes.
Updated about 1 month ago