Release date: 20 November 2023
TetraScience has released its next version of the Tetra SDC Connector, version 2.0.0. This version uses the Pluggable Connector Framework to streamline the Connector’s life cycle. It also uses AGU Sm@artLine Data Cockpit (SDC)'s REST APIs and standard results format to expand data ingestion and integration capabilities.
New Functionality includes features not previously available in the Tetra Data Platform (TDP) or Tetra SDC Connector.
- The new Pluggable Connector Framework now makes the Connector a standalone, containerized application.
- Ingestion of approved sample results is now supported.
- Integrating systems, such as electronic lab notebooks (ELNs), can now submit measurement orders.
- SDC standard result format is now used to capture richer content, including support result files and images. Raw JSON format data from measurement and sample results in SDC can now be parsed directly into the AGU SDC Intermediate Data Schema (IDS) by using the following artifacts:
- Task Script:
- Additional fields were added to IDS for users, systems, samples, methods, results, and experiments to accommodate the additional data provided by the measurement and sample results API from SDC. This allows users to query measurement and sample results from the many instruments supported by SDC. For more information, see the IDS README file (
Enhancements are modifications to existing functionality that improve performance or usability, but don't alter the function or intended use of the system.
- Measurement results are improved to capture additional information.
- Streamlined Connector deployment and life cycle management.
No bugs were fixed in this release.
No Tetra SDC Connector features were deprecated in this release. For more information about TDP deprecations, see Tetra Product Deprecation Notices.
The following are known and possible issues for Tetra SDC Connector v2.0.0:
- If the driver connected to SDC is either Mettler Toledo LabX, Mettler Toledo balances, or a generic device, the model vendor or type may not be populated under
systemsin the IDS. For more information, see the IDS README file (
- The Tetra SDC Connector enters a WARNING state during startup. The issue is transient and the Connector will enter a HEALTHY state when a successful poll completes.
Various security updates were applied.
This version of the Tetra SDC Connector is compatible as a direct upgrade from Tetra SDC Connector v1.x and must be used with TDP v3.6. It also requires AGU SDC version 3.0 or higher
To view other Tetra Connector release notes, see Tetra Connector Release Notes.
Updated 8 days ago