The Tetra Chromeleon Agent interacts with Chromeleon through Chromeleon 7.2.5 SDK. Internally, it contains three tasks: scanning, generation, and upload.
- Scanning: The Tetra Chromeleon Agent scans the Data Vault selected by the user from Management Console to detect any new or updated injections. If so, the Agent records the Injection URLs to an internal SQLite database.
- Generation: based on Scanning results, the Agent fetches the Injection and its related data, and then serializes the data as JSON files to a local folder.
- Upload: the Agent uploads the JSON files to Tetra Data Lake. After the file is uploaded successfully, the file is removed to save disk space.
Tetra Chromeleon Agent extracts the injection and the data associated with it. Here is a brief summary of the data items extracted from Chromeleon.
- Instrument Method
- Processing Method
- Spectral Field
- Audit Trail
The Tetra Chromeleon Agent directly references Chromeleon SDK, the Agent inherits the limitation of Chromelon SDK. Since the Chromeleon SDK is a 32-bit component, it that can only consume 2 GB of Memory.
In Chromeleon, a Privilege can be defined as a user's right to access certain functions; it can also grant a user or group of users certain performance rights. Chromeleon has various privileges and those can be combined in any order to be added to a role.
For the Agent to scan, access different objects, and extract data, the user used to connect via SDK needs to have a role and the role needs to have a set of privileges. The following set of privileges, when assigned together to a role allows the user to scan and extract data:
- Queries >> Create Queries
- Queries >> Execute Queries
- Archive >> Send to File
- All privileges in the Reporting section
User Mode setting in Chromeleon defines whether a username/password authentication is required to access the application (manually or through SDK). when user mode is disabled, username/password/role authentication is not required to connect and access Chromeleon. However, if any object in Chromeleon (e.g. Data Vault or Folder) has Access Control List specified (i.e. has specific roles assigned to it) then those objects cannot be accessed. Any sequence/injection data in those objects will not be extracted by the Agent.
Chromeleon has options to explicitly allow or restrict privileges in individual folders or complete Data Vaults by adding users or access groups to the Access Control List for the data object. However, the privileges of a user are always restricted by the roles assigned to him or her; you cannot extend privileges to a user by allowing roles in the Access Control List. In addition, if a Logon Role is enabled, the privileges of a user or access group are always restricted by the privileges of the specified Logon Role.
If the Agent user/role does not have access control for an object, the Agent will not be able to scan that.
Updated 8 days ago