Manually finding and packaging logs to troubleshoot software issues can be time consuming. The TDP provides a feature that helps you quickly select agent logs and send them securely to the TetraScience Support Team. The logs are sent to a secured Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) bucket that's owned by TetraScience. The bucket is used for troubleshooting purposes only.
After 30 days, logs are deleted. For TDP version 3.4, this feature is available for the FLA agent only.
To send logs to the TetraScience Support Team, do the following:
- Sign in to the TDP.
- In the left navigation pane, select the hamburger menu icon.
- Choose Data Sources. Then, choose Agents. The Agents page appears.
- On the Agents page, select the name of the agent that you want to send logs for. A menu appears on the right.
- Choose View All Details. The agent's details page appears.
- Select the Diagnostics tab.
- In the Send Logs to Support section, in the Select date field, choose the date that you want to start collecting logs for. Then, in the drop-down list to the right, select the number of days that you want to collect logs for.
The date entered in the Select date field must be on or after the date that the agent was created. If you enter a date that occurred before the agent was created, then the TDP returns a 400 error code when you try to send the logs.
- Choose Send Logs. The logs are sent to the TetraScience Support Team's Amazon S3 bucket. The request appears in the Last 7 Days of Requests section on the Diagnostics page.
- (Optional) To view the agent's Amazon CloudWatch logs, select the View Logs button on the right menu that appears when you select the agent's name on the Agents page. The Amazon CloudWatch console opens, where you can view the agent's CloudWatch logs.
Updated about 1 month ago